Sunday, February 21, 2016

New Year and New Goals

Going on a year now since I left the fly fishing industry and it has been a little strange;  I miss it a lot at times and there are other times I'm glad I'm out for the most part. 

So here we are onto a new year year and I have some new goals. 

I have decided it's time to take my fly tying a lot more seriously.  In the past my designs have come from a need I had and I wanted to make a fly to fill that need.  That's how the Meal Ticket and Protein Crunch, which are now both being produced by Rainy's Fly Company, came to be.  I needed a smaller articulated streamer for the Driftless Area and a replacement for the woolly bugger.
 
I have a few more that have been sent off to Rainy's for consideration;  The Harasser and the Food Stamp.   We'll see how these do in the new future....fingers crossed and they get picked up.

 

Now with the new goal of pushing myself t work on my fly tying more I've decided to make the transition into fishing only my patterns (there will be some exceptions)  in the future.  I've decided this will be the best way to push myself to become more creative.  Now will this lead to more flies with Rainy's?  I have no idea but it can't hurt.


                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment