Wednesday, May 23, 2012

MORE MAY BASS FISHING!

I've been pretty swamped lately at my day job but I have been out fishing and guiding a little bit.  About a week back I had a day trip for smallmouth bass with a client.  The fishing was slow and the water a little high which made wading to some areas difficult and the bass were in a funky mood.  spotted some nice fish hanging out shallow but couldn't manage to make them eat anything.

The local small lake I like to fish has been fishing very well.  It gets a hatch every may and june of a species of Hex which gets the panfish and bass going crazy.  Also had the frustrating experience of having a very large bass literally watch me.  Any way I'll let my pictures do the rest of my talking for me. 

Here's one of the big mayflies.
And the very nice 5-7 lb largemouth just staring at me.  Had this guy swinging around my boat for a good hour.

And one of the hand sized bluegills I've been pulling out of the lake on dry flies.


No comments:

Post a Comment