Thursday, May 3, 2012

BLUEGILLS!

After seeing some friends post some pictures of bluegills up I decided it was time to step away from the river and go to a small local lake and hunt for some bluegills this morning.   Man was it the right decision!  Bluegills and bass everywhere in the shallows.  Of course I couldn't target the bass which was killing me, especially when I saw some bruisers swimming around.  I did end up getting a few smaller bass eating the small nymphs I was throwing to the gills on the 4 weight which was a blast.  Looking forward to doing this some more and come saturday we can target the bass.  Unfortunately the storms forced me off the water a little earlier then I wanted but it was fun and gave me a taste of why I made the decision to stay home this season and guide here. Here are two I-phone shots of what I was getting as far as the gills are concerned.  


No comments:

Post a Comment